Symphony of Lincoln Park is looking for a Cook to join our team!
At Symphony of Lincoln Park, we take pride in our guest-centric philosophy and our ability to deliver quality care to our guests. Whether in our post acute rehabilitation, long-term skilled nursing, or our specialty programs, this philosophy is reflected in our commitment to deliver the highest possible level of independence and quality of life for all those who pass through our doors. We're more than a traditional nursing home, our guests and their families can expect incredible care tailored to each individual need.
The Cook will:
- Provide timely preparation of quality food for residents, guests, family members and staff according to established facility policies and procedures, using safe food handling requirements.
Candidate must have the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of dietary / cooking techniques
- Ability to follow dietary orders and recipes
- Food Service Certification
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment
- Promote and follow food / dietary sanitation practices
- Ability to follow state, federal, and facility dietary policies and procedures
- Promote and facilitate team work
- Demonstrate a high standard of ethics
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year experience in long-term care, hospitality industry, or culinary training preferred
- Current Sanitation Certification (facility will help to attain)
- Ability to work every other weekend
- Education is extremely important to the culture of Symphony at Lincoln Park we offer tuition reimbursement and on-going training and educational opportunities are available and encouraged.
- Opportunity as well for advancement within the facility and also at other member facilities of the Symphony Post Acute Network (www.symphonypan.com).
- Competitive benefit and paid time off package with the option to opt out of benefit package to take a permanent higher rate of pay
- Health, dental and vision benefits available
- 401k match and voluntary benefit programs
- Company paid life insurance for all full-time employees
Apply on line by clicking Apply Now or stop in and complete an application at:
Symphony of Lincoln Park – 1366 W Fullerton, Chicago, IL 60614