Symphony of Dyer is looking for qualified, reliable and loyal Part-Time Cooks to join our dynamic team! www.symphonyofdyer.com
Meal & Starbucks discounts (YES! We have a Starbucks!)
At the Symphony of Dyer, we value the contributions of every staff member we employ. We are dedicated to creating a positive, productive work environment where they are allowed to thrive.
We are a proud member of the Symphony Post Acute Network and we are certified as a Great Place to Work! Couldn’t be more proud of our team – we put our staff members first!
Symphony of Dyer is considered by many to be one of the area’s most innovative leaders in the delivery of post hospital nursing and rehabilitation. We are a family-oriented operation that takes a uniquely personal approach to delivering quality outcomes for the patients in our care. We are a proud member of the Symphony Post Acute Network known for being the Employer and Provider of Choice www.symphonypan.com
We have part-time positions available. Shifts vary between the hours of 6:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m
The Cook will provide timely preparation of quality food for residents, guests, and family members
according to established facility policies and procedures using safe food handling requirements.
Candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Prepare and serve nourishing and attractive meals and other food as required to support the menus
- Prepare and serve specific diet orders and support the food preparation for other facility events
- Review food menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared
- Other duties as assigned to maintain a clean and friendly department
- Knowledge and understanding of dietary / cooking techniques
- Ability to follow dietary orders and recipes
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment
- Promote and follow state, federal and facility dietary policies and procedures
- Must have flexibility as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills for interactions with families and staff
- Promote and facilitate team work
- Demonstrate a high standard of ethics
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- High School Diploma or GED
- Culinary training preferred
- Long-term care or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work every other weekend as well as rotating Holidays
- Opportunity for advancement within the facility and also at other member facilities of the Symphony Post Acute Network (www.symphonypan.com).
- Competitive benefit and paid time off package
- Education is extremely important to our culture. We offer tuition reimbursement and on-going training and educational opportunities are available and encouraged.
- Dental and vision benefits available in addition to paid time off programs
- 401k match and voluntary benefit programs
Apply on line by clicking Apply Now or apply in person at: