Symphony of Evanston is looking for a qualified, Art Therapist to join our dynamic team.
At Symphony we take pride in our guest-centric philosophy and our ability to deliver quality care to our guests. Whether in our post-acute rehabilitation, long-term skilled nursing, or our specialty programs, this philosophy is reflected in our commitment to deliver the highest possible level of independence and quality of life for all those who pass through our doors. We're more than a traditional nursing home, our guests and their families can expect incredible care tailored to each individual need.
We are a proud member of the Symphony Post Acute Network and just got certified as a Great Place to Work! Couldn’t be more proud of our team – we put our people first!
Art therapist play an active part in the guiding of residents through creative process and support with a therapeutic relationship. To maintain and improve the psycho-social, physical, cognitive and spiritual health of individuals.
The Art Therapist will:
- Complete documentation of assessments and progress notes
- Planning and facilitating group and individual therapy
- Schedules and conducts therapeutic art activities
- Participate as an active member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Consults with staff on art therapy issues to increase quality and efficiency of treatment services
- Maintains compliance with state, federal, and TJC guidelines Qualifications
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Art Therapy, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, or Psychology, with supervised post-graduate art therapy experience.
- Supervised post-graduate art therapy experience
- Six months to one year experience preferred
- Art Therapist - Registered (ATR) or Board Certified Art Therapist (ATR-BC) required
- Vacation, sick, personal days
- Health, dental and vision benefits available
- 401k match and voluntary benefit programs
Apply online by clicking Apply Now or apply in person at 820 Foster Street Evanston, IL 60201 www.symphonyofevanston.com