Symphony of Buffalo Grove is seeking a talented Activity Director to join our Dynamic Team!
At the Symphony Post Acute Network, we value the contributions of every staff member we employ. We are dedicated to creating a positive, productive work environment where they are allowed to thrive. We are a proud member of the Symphony Post Acute Network are certified as a Great Place to Work! Couldn’t be more proud of our team – we put our staff members first!
The Activity Director is responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating meaningful activities appropriate to the needs and interest of our residents and conductive to their physical, mental and social well-being. Ensure all activities are well represented by staff. Maintain all records of activities into house system. Full time position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all resident activities on a monthly basis
- Prepare and distribute weekly program content
- Plan & coordinate special monthly events, holiday events, monthly birthday parties, entertainment, weekly religious services, life enrichment activities
- Join our manager on duty coverage on Sundays (rotating schedule)
- Incorporate recreational activities from the community & develop working relationships
- Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist or an activities professional, who is eligible for certification
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a social or recreational program in a healthcare setting
- Must have or working toward Activities Certification within 3 months of hire
- Must have strong interpersonal skills working with seniors, ability to read, write, and speak English language
- Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint
Symphony rewards its Certified Nursing Assistant professionals for their hard work and dedication with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including enhanced generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short term and long-term disability, life insurance and much more. We provide competitive pay, and a multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth.
Apply on line by clicking Apply Now or apply in person at:
150 N Weiland Rd, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089