Symphony Post Acute Network is seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our dynamic team!
At the Symphony Post Acute Network, we value the contributions of every staff member we employ. We are dedicated to creating a positive, productive work environment where they are allowed to thrive. We are certified as a Great Place to Work! Couldn’t be more proud of our team – we put our staff members first!
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for leading the day to day operations and coordinating the overall workflow for the AP Team.
Specific Educational/Vocational Requirements:
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring accounts payable staff
- Manage and distribute workload for the AP Department; ensure proper cross-training.
- Oversee Invoice Processing with AP Team
- review and verify invoices and check requests
- code invoices in accordance with company policy
- enter invoices into system and set up for payment
- track expenses and process expense reports
- prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- prepare and perform check runs
- reconcile accounts payable transactions
- prepare analysis of accounts
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- maintain vendor files
- Assures accuracy and compliance of all invoices processed by accounts payable staff by reviewing expense coding, invoice verification/approval, pricing and payment terms
- Provides direct assistance to the accounts payable associates in resolving any issues/questions/disputes
- Provides assistance to vendors with inquiries that are beyond associates responsibilities and assure resolution of any issues
- Establish new internal processes and procedures to increase productivity and efficiencies. Develop and communicate solutions and goals for AP team.
- Responsible for check release process in accordance with the approved by Corporate Controller/SVP of Finance funds availability
- Assist with year-end closing process including but not limited to preparation, issuance and filing of forms 1099
- Responsible for providing responses and a/p related back up to auditors and other agencies
- Develops key relationships with vendors/providers
- Ensures efficiencies and automation
- All other duties as assigned
- BS or BA in accounting or related business field
- MUST HAVE Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365, AX, Great Plains
- In-depth knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting principles and procedures
- Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office and relevant accounting software
- 5+ years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- 3+ years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Strong experience in project management and process improvement
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
Symphony rewards its professionals for their hard work and dedication with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including enhanced generous work life balance program, medical, dental, vision, short term and long-term disability, life insurance and much more. We provide competitive pay, and a multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth.