Symphony of Midway is seeking a Director of Social Services to join our team!
- Must possess MSW or LPC
- Must have at least one year experience in geriatric and preferred psychiatric setting
- Must demonstrate strong conflict resolution
- Therapeutic relationship skills
- Insurance/Medicare proficiency
- Basic computer skills
The Social Service Director engages with consumers and their families that are in need of psychosocial help. The Social Service Director assesses the psychosocial functioning of consumers and families and intervenes as necessary. Interventions may include connecting consumers and families to necessary resources and supports in the community; providing psychotherapy, supportive counseling, or grief counseling; or helping a resident to expand and strengthen their network of social support
SSD’s work on the interdisciplinary team with the other professionals in the skilled nursing setting including but not limited to physicians, nursing, physical, occupational speech therapy, restorative, dietary, and activities in order to appropriately transition resident and family through care process.
The SSD is to assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and the directing the overall operation of the facility’s social service functions in accordance with the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Policies and procedures will be implemented to assure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the resident and family are met and maintained on an individual and facility basis.
The SSD is to assist with the facility’s census development efforts, in developing relationships with external referral agencies, communicating with social workers, discharge planners, liaison, and physicians.
- We offer tuition reimbursement and on-going training and educational opportunities are available and encouraged
- Opportunity as well for advancement within facility and also other member facilities of the Symphony Post Acute Network (www.symphonypan.com)
- Health, Dental and Vision available
- 401K match and voluntary benefits program
- Company paid life insurance for full time employees