Symphony of Evanston is looking for Health Information Director to join our team!
Symphony of Evanston is part of the Symphony Post-Acute Network www.symphonypan.com
, one of the country’s leading innovators in the delivery of post-acute care and management services. We are a family-oriented operation that takes a uniquely personal approach to delivering quality outcomes for the patients in our care.
We are a proud member of the Symphony Post Acute Network and just got certified as a Great Place to Work! Couldn’t be more proud of our team – we put our people first!
- Analyzes and evaluates resident health records according to established criteria:
- Monitors records for completeness, accuracy, timeliness and internal consistency while the resident is confined to the facility;
- Audits records for completeness, accuracy and internal consistency of designated entries/reports within the health records of discharged residents per the established facility procedure and within the time period specified by state regulation for record closure;
- Requests staff compliance with documentation policy requirements using the communication tools selected by facility management;
- Provides both the facility administrator and the director of nursing the results of all audits as completed;
- Obtains transfer information necessary for continuity of care purposes from community health care institutions and agencies as per the established facility procurement procedure.
- Controls health record identification and storage:
- Controls the release of records from the medical records room/storage area by use of appropriate sign-out procedures in accordance with the established facility process;
- Assures that health records are stored in compliance with law and pertinent regulations both on the nursing unit as well as subsequent to resident discharge;
- Ensures the destruction of records exceeding required retention periods is conducted in accordance with professional practice standards of security and confidentiality.
- Handles correspondence and medico-legal aspects of health records:
- Maintains and controls the disclosure of resident-identifiable information to authorized sources(persons) as outlined in facility policy, including validation of the presence of all resident record components warranted by the care and services provided during the respective episode of care prior to the copying of selected components of the record in response to legitimate requests;
- Requests information from other agencies/parties concerning facility residents as outlined in facility policy and in accordance with continuity of care needs;
- Monitors staff compliance with facility confidentiality policies and reports staff compliance issues to facility management and the QA Committee as appropriate, including conformance with prohibitions on secondary disclosure of information as dictated by law and for purposes other than treatment, payment, or operation;
- Assists facility personnel and medical staff:
- Provides information, when requested, to those involved in treatment, payment and healthcare operations purposes, including the Quality Assurance Committee;
- Attends meetings related to health information management system maintenance needs
- If applicable to the facility the Health Information Director may:
- Coordinate medical director visits and the review of facility documentation issues during these visits.
- Conduct audits on special areas of documentation as directed by facility management, such as resident conditional changes, relevant clinical assessment indicators, physician order conformance, MDS, care plans;
- Education/Formal Training: RHIA, RHIT, or Coding Credential (CPC, CCA, etc.)
- Experience: One (1) year previous health information processing and maintenance experience; experience specific to long term care information management preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- have good time management skills;
- have the ability to communicate effectively;
- maintain good working relations with facility management, medical staff, and other facility allied health personnel;
- be courteous and cooperative in all relationships;
- be discrete in the use of confidential information;
- have the ability to follow established procedures and to suggest changes for smoother operational procedures;
- organize efficiently and effectively
- be flexible in approach to varying demands of the work environment;
- demonstrate attention to details.
- Opportunity as well for advancement within the facility and also at other member facilities of the Symphony Post Acute Network (www.symphonypan.com).
- Competitive benefit and paid time off package including
- Health, dental and vision benefits available
- 401k match and voluntary benefit programs
- Company paid life insurance for all full-time employees
Apply on line by clicking Apply Now or apply in person at:
Symphony of Evanston- 820 Foster Street Evanston, IL 60201