Symphony at Midway is looking for a qualified, reliable and loyal Social Worker to join our dynamic team!www.symphonyatmidway.com
Symphony at Midway is considered by many to be one of the area’s most innovative leaders in the delivery of post hospital nursing and rehabilitation. We are a family-oriented operation that takes a uniquely personal approach to delivering quality outcomes for the patients in our care. We are a proud member of the Symphony Post Acute Network and just got certified as a Great Place to Work! Couldn’t be more proud of our team – we put our people first!
The social worker will be responsible for appropriately transitioning the guest and family through the care process. This includes the ability to assess cognitive capacity and mood assessments utilizing standard tools. Implementation of healthcare directives and ability to have discussions and knowledge of end of life care and hospice. Understand fundamentals of discharge planning and be able to work collaboratively with health care team which includes nursing and physician.
The Social Worker will:
- Develops and/or delivers culturally-sensitive training to all disciplines to meet the psycho-social needs of the residents. Utilizes classroom training and spontaneous "on the floor" training opportunities.
- Participates in new employee orientation, including but not limited to education on resident rights, abuse/neglect, behaviors and culture change/resident-centered care.
- Part of the leadership team and participate in the Manager on Duty Rotation.
- Keep current with all State and Federal Regulations/Laws.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in Healthcare.
- Human Services Degree Required
- BSW *Preferred*
- 3 + years long-term care experience preferred
- Vacation, sick, personal days
- Health, dental and vision benefits available
- 401k match and voluntary benefit programs